Thursday, April 16, 2009
Response to "No Refusal" Policy for Austin DWI
The "No Refusal" Policy is a great idea to get rid of drunk drivers on the road. Basically it gives authorities to the police officers to draw blood from the suspected drunk drivers if they refuse to take a breathalyzer test. Although it might sound crazy to most people, I personally agree with the police should take stronger action to stop people from drink and drive. I think the government is giving too much individual right to the people and neglected the consequence of it. As I just took a defensive driving class couple weeks ago, I was told that drunk driving is the No.1 cause of accident. I really agree with my classmate in injury lawsuit is waiting to happen. Forcing a needle in them to draw blood might cause certain level of injuries. However, are a poke and a couple drops of blood worthier than the other innocent drivers' life on the road? As an individual, it seems like violating a person's rights. But as a whole, it gives more safeties to other people. Furthermore, there will be no reason to refuse taking a breathalyzer test rather than a blood test if the suspected drunk drivers didn't drink. The only thing I don't agree with the policy is that the drawing blood is done by the police officer. As what my classmate said, "people who haven't been to nursing or medical school should not be taking the blood out of someone's body."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment